Thursday, July 9, 2009

The Traditional Brick



When I layed my first brick, I had no idea the vast amount of patterns and types of brick that were out there. With literally hunderds of variations of brick created today, it is so difficult to choose the perfect brick and pattern. For much of my work, I have always been a fan of the Herringbone Pattern. The Herringbone Pattern is basically a zig-zag pattern that creates a more formal look. Other patterns that I also love to use, as well as slight variations of them, is the Spanish Bond, Basket Weave, Half Basket Weave, Running Bond and Jack on Jack. Using variations in these patterns is just another great way to add that extra bit of character to that driveway, patio or walkway you may be creating.

A True Brick is a priceless. Honestly, I cannot stand concrete pavers. I have never been a fan of those. Within the last 10-15 years many people have had these products installed on their properties due to that fact that they were and are cheaper than Brick. The major problem with concrete pavers are their inability to hold their color. A True Brick will hold its color for a lifetime and will never fade from the day it was formed. Why use Brick rather than Concrete Pavers?.... Brick truly is ageless and builds character with time, whereas time is not a friend to Concrete Pavers due to color fade and break down of the product. Use Brick, not a Concrete Paver, for your investment will be timeless.

No comments:

Post a Comment